Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pictures etc. (Aug 24, 2016)

Hey fam! Email time goes super fast, but I will do my best!

First off:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDY GIRL, AKA BOND, AKA SWEETIE!  Aww man, birthday letter is coming. I found out last Thursday that we could only write letters on p-day, so I have been dying to write you all. But today I will write some letters :).  I hope your day was awesome! You are awesome--a great sister, and I love you.
He must be eating this ice cream in honor of Mindy's birthday...
Quickly before I forget: Seth, you are a CHAMPION! I am so proud of my family! Man, I love so much to hear about you all. I pray that you can feel me thinking about you, my love, cheering you on! I wish that I could be there with you all! Especially with your races, Seth. I always tell my district about my awesome family.
Elder Beckett, Elder Allen, and Sister Rowberry
Nashville Tribute Band came again--they are awesome! That was cool to hear them again. Speaking of--it is weird how I am pretty much following in Allie's shoes from a year ago -- seriously! Yesterday I read a letter she had written exactly a year ago, on Mindy's birthday. Weird! She would mention little things, like President Perriton said..., or "good luck with moving, Andy Kenz!", and they just moved again--also she sang with the Nashville Trib, she would bow to that cute picture of little old Wilma (fear not, I have continued the tradition!), she describes how she was now the oldest group of Koreans, and the new ones just came in, she ate a lot of pineapple but then got tongue sores--haha story of my life! It is so cool for me to imagine her doing all the same things I am doing!

Okay, so I am going to Korea in two weeks! Crazy! Korean language--whoa, super difficult. I am doing my best, but I am struggling with memorizing vocab. If you have any tips for memorizing things, I would really appreciate it! I really do enjoy learning and being here--it seems like normal life now. I love love love my friends I have made here. I can't imagine what I would do without them.
Here's a picture of Nate sending us his email today!

A couple of spiritual thoughts:)

1)  The Sabbath is super important. I studied up on it in order to teach one of our investigators this week. There are great blessings, love, and protection as we keep the Sabbath day Holy! Please go and read D&C 59:9-24. It teaches about the amazing blessings of the Sabbath. In PMG, it says, "Our Sabbath-day behavior is a reflection of our commitment to honor and worship God." I would encourage us all to evaluate your Sabbath behavior--Do we look for opportunities to serve others, especially those closest to us? Do we look forward to and prepare for the opportunity to take the Sacrament each week, a cleansing, wonderful ordinance and gift from God? Do we direct our thoughts to our Savior and loving Heavenly Father?

Also, one other thing--one of the greatest ways Satan controls us is through the Fear of Missing Out. Oftentimes we aren't willing to give up sin, pride, whatever--because we are worried of the change, the worldly pleasure and a variety of other things that come with it. Sometimes Satan uses the FOMO to prevent us from doing good things--going on missions for example. However, since I have come on a mission, I have learned sooo much--so much that I would never trade my mission, and I'm still in the Missionary Training Center! Whether it be schooling, job, friends, hobbies--the Lord will pour out blessings for the rest of our lives if we will delay, or sacrifice it, for the opportunity to serve Him. I know that is true! We won't have room enough to receive, or even understand how much he has blessed us.

I sure love you all! I know that God loves me! I know He loves you too!

Love,

Elder Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment