Saturday, November 4, 2017

October 22, 2017

Hello Family!

Hey! I will only be on for like 30 minutes right now... We are doing a zone p-day and so we have to get some other stuff done, so I might end up emailing once you are asleep... How are you?? How was state XC?? It is my companion's last week and he wanted to do a nerf gun war at a church so we are meeting with a bunch of missionaries to do that! Should be pretty fun!

Also, sorry about last week, the internet gave out so I couldn't finish emailing... 아쉽네요...I'll email more after our p -day activity.

Hey fam! I'm back, not much time left... things didn't go as hoped with time, but the nerf gun war was super fun!

We found a cool new investigator this week. I talked to him as we were riding the subway back home from an appointment. He is a pretty big-wig doctor who has his own hospital kind of thing. Well he invited me and Elder P to a lunch at the biggest nicest hotel on the Haeundae beach... it is called the Westin Chosun if you want to find it.

Well we ate lunch together. He was a really nice guy, he is Catholic and has great faith. He shared with us some of his feelings about the Gospel, about Christ. I would like to share one thought he shared with us.
He talked about how Christ would often say "진실로 진실로" when he taught-- that means, in English, "verily verily". The root of verily is the same as verity, which is truth. So he shared that Christ always- always-- taught truth. Not fact, truth. 

I thought that was interesting... is there a difference between fact, and truth?

I asked him the same question: what is the difference between fact and truth?

He said this: Truth is fact--with love. I still didn't quite get what he was saying, so he shared an example with me-- the woman taken in adultery. The fact was that, she was an adulterer. She had committed that sin. But Jesus loved her-- and so he said that whosoever is without sin may cast the first stone. And she was saved.

I continued to think about that-- how the Savior had loved her. He knew, obviously, the fact that she was an adulterer, a sinner. But he loved her enough to see her potential. He didn't condemn her. He knew the truth, and regarded the more complete truth as more important than individual facts. 

We too need to view the things in our lives, the people around us, and ourselves, in a truthful perspective. Satan loves to distract us with individual facts-- using them without love to cause us to condemn others and ourselves. As we take the facts, and view them with Christlike love, we will have not only the capacity, but the desire to to serve, to forgive, and love not only others, but ourselves. When we view things with love and recognize our potential we can receive great hope, and share that same hope with others.

Love you all! View everything the same way that Christ did-- truthfully!

Anyway, I hope you all know how much I love you and look up to you! Keep living each day to be a little better! Far more than big decisions in our lives, I think the little things we do each day, consistently, add up to a greater total effect on our lives... So make the little decisions good ones :)

LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment