Saturday, June 23, 2018

Pictures! (June 4, 2018)

Dear Family!
Elder S, Elder B, and me (Before Elder B and I were companions)
I survived transfer week! Wow the first week is crazy!! Pretty tiring with lots of meetings and preparation.
One cool story! Last week me and the Elder in red on the left of that basketball picture (Elder S, we were in the MTC together) had an opportunity to do some street contacting together. Well we met a man, talked to him for a total of like 30 seconds, but he took a BOM from us, pointed to his nearby shop, and told us to stop by later. 
Well the next day me and Elder B went by, and it was locked! But after knocking a few times, we found out he was in there and he let us in. He gave us some crackers and talked to us. He is the owner of this cool antique and art shop. He said he had been curious about our church, so we taught him about the restoration. it was a good and quick discussion! He doesn't have a whole lot of interest, but it was neat to have him let us in his shop, and he agreed to learn some more about the Gospel later. And he was super nice and bought us dinner!
Elder and Sister C, an awesome couple, in an elevator. We helped them move!

Elder K, who I was in the MTC with, who just finished his mission.

Us and the Oncheon B Team picking up the new Elder O. He is awesome!!

We miss carpet!!! We were enjoying President Jeong's carpet... :)


Well I love you all, and am about out of time today! Before I go, I just have a couple quick thoughts I wanted to share. I am in my last transfer! I still have 5 weeks, but the time is flying. A couple nights ago I was saying my nightly prayers, and I felt the need to increase my focus on Jesus Christ this last transfer. Everything we do, the very reason we preach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is because of Jesus Christ-- and sometimes we get a bit lost in the details. It is my prayer that as I focus on Him, as "we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ" that I can help others come unto Him, and draw nearer unto Him myself. I love to learn of my Savior; there is power in His words and example as found in the New Testament. I love the symbolism of Him in the Old Testament. And I love the teachings about His Atonement, what it does for us, and how we can enjoy its power, as found in the Book of Mormon.

I have found greater hope and faith as I simply think about Him more and learn more about His life. Sometimes when I feel sad or worried, as much as taking an extra moment to feel gratitude for him seems to change my feelings of fear to comfort and confidence.

Love

Elder Beckett

Here are pictures from our Zone Conference in the mountains:




No comments:

Post a Comment