Friday, December 9, 2016

OK! (December 4, 2016)

So I am still in Kyung Ju, which I am super grateful for. I LOVE Kyung Ju. The people are sooo good here. My new companion came to the mission at the same time as my awesome trainer, and he is from America. His name is Elder S.  Elder S is great! He is a super sincere missionary. When you do street proselyting, which is a huge norm in Korea, (I don't know about other places, but I assume it is too), you can quickly get into the routine of mentioning the same thing over and over again. But Elder S is always very sincere, and he really makes an effort to talk to EVERYONE. It is awesome, and I am learning a lot from him.
An interesting thing about Korea is that the fried chicken here is SUPER good! So we ordered some Saturday night--we also didn't have much food in our house, and it was soooooo good!!! Haha (oh, and here is my new comp!)

We have family home evening at the church every week, and invite investigators. Love it!
 Elder S is from the Bay area in California. But is hometown is DC. Anyway, he is about 6'5" tall, and has a fairly deep voice. He reminds me a TON of our cousin, Bridger, which is great! His sense of humor and some of his mannerisms are totally like Bridger! I was thinking how cool it would be if Bridger left on his mission this summer, and came to this mission. I could totally train him, haha! That would BE SO FUN!!

This week we had a mission tour, which is when a general authority visits the mission. Elder Scott D Whiting of the Seventy came. I gave the closing prayer and got to talk to him for a bit! He was super wonderful; I learned about a lot of different things from him.  In between sessions of speakers, we had an AWESOME Thanksgiving meal thanks to this cute senior couple who lives on the military base! They were so sweet to do all this for us! It was a tender mercy to me to have that good reminder of American food!  :)
Elder S and I at the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner!
Our delicious Thanksgiving meal!
Things are going a little tough with our investigators. K hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon hardly at all, but he did read Book of Mormon Stories. I feel bad, because we kind of blazed through the lessons with him rather than focusing on individual conversion, and he isn't progressing quite as much as I had thought. Anyway, we had a bit of a rough lesson with him this week with a wonderful member, but it didn't go very well. Brother K went to a different church last week, even though the last few months he has been coming to our church pretty faithfully, so that is tough. But we want to meet him again this week and jost focus on him and his thoughts and needs.

We also met with our wonderful beatboxing investigator, also named K.  He is doing good, and even though he told us he has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the restoration, he must not understand all of it, because he is still going to his other church. We met him with the ward mission leader last night, and it was an alright lesson. We talked about baptism, priesthood, and things, so if you could pray for him I'd be very grateful!

Our funny meal after fasting. It's a hodgepodge of things we had in our house.
But S, the man from Uzbekistan, is doing awesome! I love S! He attended church, he read the 3rd lesson pamphlet, and we had a really great visit with him this week. His wife and little baby are so sweet. So please keep praying for these investigators! S has faith, but he is also having a bit of a hard time acting on it right now, so we are trying to keep supporting him. Ahh, I just love S!

Well, I've got to go, love you bye!!

BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment