Friday, May 12, 2017

Another Great Week in Korea! (April 30, 2017)

 Hello my Family!
Zone Conference Time!

This is the start of our Daeju hiking zone conference
That's my awesome trainer on the left!

Daeju Zone

This week we did a super cool zone conference. We hiked up a mountain, and stopped 7 different times to talk about the Savior's life. It was awesome!  And did I tell you I got glasses?


Another picture with my trainer, and my new glasses!

Here's our great AP. He was super nice to me in my district when I was a trainee. He is going home, sadly, but that is life!
PS, I don't think I mentioned this yet, but happy anniversary, Mom & Dad! I love you and am so grateful for your goodness and faith and marriage. I have the BEST parents in the world! And I wrote you an anniversary letter that should be coming in the mail.

Sorry I have been busy taking care of some other things, and don't have much time to write. I hope you know I love you SO MUCH and want to keep emailing you forever! But alas, I can't. So here's a copy of my update to the mission president:

"Thank you for the scriptures on remembering! I look forward to studying them. And thank you for the awesome zone conference! I know you and many others put a lot of planning and work into that, and it was such a neat experience. I learned a lot, mostly from things that were not specifically said, but that the Spirit helped me identify in my personal life to work on and put into action. Some things I learned were that the Savior used scripture when He taught, not because of His lack of authority or power or Spirit, but, I believe, because He knew He wouldn't be with those around Him forever. By teaching them to use the scriptures, He taught them to learn on their own from the scriptures, and that, though He wouldn't always be there with them, if they were diligent and obedient, they could always have His spirit to be with them.

I learned that Jesus Christ was able to overcome all by focusing on His love for us, and that I, too, by remembering my love for others can gain the strength to do hard things. I learned about repentance, and how it is far more than stopping a bad action, but overfilling life with goodness and service, to both show God our repentance and protect us from sin. It was a wonderful zone conference. Sangin is going well. We have many people who are learning in the Gospel, but still not quite ready to just take off, all in. So we are working with them, little by little. We read the Book of Mormon with an investigator and had a special experience as we all felt the spirit, and as Elder S and I testified of its truthfulness. He seemed touched, as well. We also met a man who has heard of our church through his friend's mother, and will probably become a new investigator this week. We are seeing many miracles! God is definitely in the timing of all things. I love working with and learning from Elder S. He is a diligent missionary with an amazing love for God and especially his Savior, Jesus Christ.

We met with our high school age investigator this week, and were very open about our purpose, and what we wanted to do. He is willing to meet with us and learn, and he knelt in prayer with us, but because of his family's strong belief in Buddhism, he feels that things like personal prayer betray Buddha. I can see his goodness, and his willingness to learn, but see that his family ties, perhaps the "traditions of his fathers" are holding him back."

Well family, we had some great experiences this week, and some funny ones! I have to go, though. LOVE YOU ALL!  Sorry for not writing more...I hope you understand! Go forth with faith and hope! You are my wonderful family, and I pray God to be with all of you in your various areas and challenges.

Love
Nate
Here's a few more pictures from our Zone Conference.
President Barrow, me, and Elder S.


Here's a shot of Elder S and I on our hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment