Sunday, July 23, 2017

Hello! (July 16, 2017)

I have pictures today!


Living the Beckett ice cream tradition with Elder A!
Hey fam, I have to leave, I was working on something else, sorry! But here is a quick update.

We found an awesome new investigator this week after we invited a high school student who helped us find these apartments we were looking for to play ping pong at the church. Then he came to church yesterday for the sacrament, too! And brought his girlfriend.

We weren't able to meet the art teacher this week. But we played soccer with Brother K_. He is awesome! We also went and taught our awesome recent convert, brother P_, one of the recent convert lessons, and then his non-member wife came in. We taught the restoration, and she took a Book of Mormon! Super cool. Brother P_ is hilarious; he was in a rock band when he was younger and looks like he walked straight out of the 80s-- mullet and all. Sometimes I play guitar with him.

Also yesterday I woke up at 4:30 due to excruciating stomach pain. We had eaten way too much grease the day before. I thought I was going to die. We missed all of church except for sacrament meeting. Yikes. I had a few bouts where my stomach just suddenly hurt sooo bad-- like I was getting shot or something. I made myself throw up (learned how to do that yesterday) and that helped. Anyway-- the member we ate with got sick too, so I think the restaurant gave us something bad. Still tired and getting better. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Also our new mission president is SO AWESOME! I LOVE President Barrow and I LOVE President Joung, too! Both are so great! I will tell you more next week! 


I love this thought from 2nd Timothy 2:

3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Keep fighting the good fight! 

Love,

Elder Beckett

These are some of the missionaries that left the last 2 transfers.




A MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION!!  Yeah.

Egg and Spam Sandwiches!

Our Independence Day meal

This is the sea pirate drill I told you about last week.

Cool hats with our investigator

Nathan Power! Three Nathan's in my district!!

Amazing what a little shoe polish can do.
There is a hilarious video behind this picture...You'll just have to imagine the sound because Mom can't get the video to post...




No comments:

Post a Comment