Sunday, December 31, 2017

Phone Lessons & Church Attendance (Nov 19, 2017)

Hey Family!


Me and my buddy and companion, Elder K! He is a super good good guy. It was his birthday last Sunday, so we had a cake!
We are seeing some good progress here! We haven't had many investigators to work with so far... it has been a little tough. But 2 weeks ago we were able to meet with a man named C__ who met our missionaries at the temple in Utah. We received his contact information last transfer, then finally met. He is a very sincere, kind, and good man, with a family. He is really interested in learning about the gospel, and always seeks ways for self improvement. But because of his busy business schedule he travels around a lot and so we have actually only been able to meet him one time. But he called us and said, "Hey, so I can't actually meet with you much, but I really want to hear your message and learn about the gospel. So even though we can't meet, I want to talk to you over phone to be able to hear your message." We were thinking, "of course, great!" So we have taught him a bit over the phone.
I went back to Youngdo this week on exchanges with a new trainee there. While there, I got to see a recent convert and several members! It was awesome.


We also have a great investigator named S__ who is my same age. We originally met due to his English interest, but we have become close friends. We have only been able to teach the Plan of Salvation, but he came to church yesterday and had a good experience! So things are going well here. We are working hard and praying hard each day to find, to work as tools in the Lord's hand, to better love and serve those around us, and to speak the things God would have us speak. I know he is with us and that we are on his errand--I can feel his influence each day, though sometimes it isn't in the moment, but it is after it happens, when I reflect on my day and see God's guidance.


I finally got to get this special nutella fish shaped pastry that I've wanted to try for a very long time...Sister C in Youngdo only sells them in the winter, so when I was there before I couldn't eat them. But I got one!
I love you all, but I've got to go. Have a great week!

Love
Elder B

No comments:

Post a Comment