Sunday, December 31, 2017

Transfer 11, Week 2 (November 5, 2017)

Hello everyone, I'm doing good! Things are getting a little chilly here, I will have to start wearing my coat soon. But the smell smells so much like fall! I love it! I'm doing good! We did our weekly cleaning this morning (the other elders may think I am a cleaning maniac because I kind of whipped everyone into shape BUT the house looks better now), I hung up my laundry to dry, now we are emailing, I will get a haircut, then we are heading to meet my trainer Elder L, and also Elder Y for lunch. We went to their area yesterday for a meeting with the stake leaders, and met a man who is the boss of a samgyupsar restaurant, and he sounded interested in the gospel. We we are going to eat together. That'll be fun!

It is pretty fun to have a B-Team (another set of elders living in our apartment). They are super funny and everything is lively at the house!

My new companion is such a good, good missionary. Wow. He has such a pure desire to be obedient and do the work, and is super positive, and talented in everything, too. We are having a lot of fun together. And he loves ice cream! So we are eating lots of ice cream. 😁😁

Time is short, but before I go I want to share one quick thought:

I think it is so important that in life we remember who the real enemy is. Sometimes we can get so competitive with each other, comparing and hating or bashing... there is a definite spirit that we feel sometimes that is just... negativity. Everyone has felt it before. But we are all in this life together-- and we can all be most successful and happy when we work together and just try to love each other, purely. The pure love of Christ.

In the Bible, the Apostle Paul says,"  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

I know that as we center our lives on Jesus Christ we will live the most fulfilling lives we can. Because we will live for so much more than ourselves.

Love you all! Find a way to serve those closest to you. Be generous with compliments. Be frugal with criticism. Try to understand others, to ask questions, before assuming we know others intentions. These are things I am learning time and time again.

Love you.

Elder Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment