Sunday, February 18, 2018

Pictures! (February 11, 2018)

Dear family,

This week we did zone conferences! It was really neat to get to see so many of my missionary friends. Tuesday was Daegu and Ulsan, Wednesday was Changwon, Thursday was Busan and South Busan, and Friday was Jeju. It was really cool to go to Jeju. It was interesting how there was a different feel to each zone conference-- the Changwon zone conference was extra spiritual-- there were some testimonies given by missionaries who are returning home that were so sincere and loving and the spirit was really strong-- you could clearly tell that these missionaries knew what they were talking about. It made me want to be a better, more loving missionary, more focused on my purpose, more worthy.

The subject of zone conference was repentance! That is why I kind of was thinking about repentance last week when I emailed. Repentance is such a wonderful blessing, and I know that when we are repent we find joy. It's true! 

One thought for the day-- I was reading the Book of Mormon this morning, in Alma 42. Alma teaches his son about justice and mercy and repentance! The part I love begins in verse 29. Alma has just corrected and chastised his son. He also taught him about God's plan for us to get back to him again someday. Corianton, at this point, was in the repentance process. His loving father, Alma, who simply wants to see his son 1) clean and on the right path, and 2) happy, gives him some advice. Alma is definitely qualified to give this sort of repenting-advice, for he himself came from a difficult background and was considered one of "the very vilest of sinners". But he repented. He changed his thoughts and actions and perspective of life and found joy and peace in the Gospel. 

He told his son, "29 And now, my son, I desire that ye should let these things trouble you no more, and only let your sins trouble you, with that trouble which shall bring you down unto repentance."

I hope we can have the right kind of attitude-- that which leads to change and improvement and hope. Not self loathing or anger or discouragement or hopelessness. Because God never wants us to feel bad about ourselves, as that will make us more likely to give into temptation. He just wants us to feel remorse for our mistakes, and then repent--change-- and find joy.

Love you all!

Elder Beckett
We played basketball last P-day with a lot of other missionaries. This was my time.

My comp and I with the Sogwipo elders. We got chicken!

We found gummy eggs! Remember sending them to me, Allie?

Grabbing a smoothie before our plane ride!
This good brother, aka "James Bond," is super famous among missionaries. He is really sweet, like a child in his mind, and just waits for the missionaries in Jeju to be with them and hang out with them.


Elder B and I in Sogwipo, part of Jeju. The snow and rocks looked like the oreo land Seth and I would see on the bus growing up. Remember, Seth? The snow and dirt fields?

At a dinner while we were in Jeju Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment