Sunday, February 4, 2018

We made bacon and french toast! (January 28, 2018)

Last week was great! And so tiring! We had a lot of training meetings and things. It was sad to say goodbye to my former companion Elder S_ who finished his mission! But it was fun to see the new missionaries, full of fire. They seem awesome.

Nate and his companion, Elder Y

Elder Beckett and Elder Y with their Mission President

We met last week with a few investigators! One man is named Brother M_, and he really really likes Americans. Haha. Right now he just meets us cause he likes us, but little by little he seems to be more willing to talk about the Gospel.

We also were able to go to an indoor basketball court (hard to find in Korea!) and play basketball with our investigator, brother CJ.  My last area's members, the Haeundae members, were there too, as well as Elder K, my last companion, and Elder S, and their investigator! Super fun night. After basketball, we came back to the church and were able to share a few our beliefs with CJ, who is from China! He is so awesome! Really humble, kind guy.

(This is Allie's former companion from the Daejeon Mission, who met Nate on her way home from her mission and sent this picture, along with the video below, to Allie)


Well that is about all for this week. Ah! Also I need your prayers, big time. We got a call from a man this week who said he wanted to hear more about our religion. So we met him at a Starbucks. When we met, he said that he didn't have much time, but he wanted to meet in his office this week, and wanted to hear more about our religion. Apparently he works as a reporter and told us that they learn about different religions, and this week they would give us an hour to give a presentation to him and several co-workers, about 20 people in total. Wow! So we are going to prepare our best to help them learn well about our Gospel and have a spiritual experience. Also, our Mission President, President Jeong, will come with us and help answer questions. Pretty cool!

For this spiritual message... i hope it is ok but I would just like to quote what Seth said to me.

"Today I taught the lesson in priests quorum, "Who am I, and who can I become?". It was awesome through the week to read through the scriptures and talks it suggested. My favorite talk I read was probably Elder Renlund's, "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying". My favorite part is probably where it talks about a Shakespeare play, where a brother has been plotting to kill his younger brother, but later on the younger brother saves his life, even though he knows of his brother's intentions. This unconditional love changes the older brother, and when he's asked if it was him who used to plan to kill his brother he says, "Twas I; but 'tis not I: I do not shame to tell you what I was, since my conversion so sweetly tastes, being the thing that I am." That is so awesome to me. I think the younger brother is symbolic of the Savior, who owed us absolutely nothing, yet he suffered an unimaginable physical, emotional, and spiritual anguish for each of us. Because of his suffering, we can experience that sweetly tasting conversion, and look back on our sins, acknowledging that we have become someone entirely different. "

Have a great week!

Love
Elder Beckett

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't wait to hear what happened with the reporter! And that talk he quoted from Seth's lesson about "twas I, but 'tis not I" is one of my faves. Thanks for the reminder of that! Keep it up, Nate! We love missionaries!

    ReplyDelete