Thursday, April 12, 2018

Hey Family! (April 2, 2018)

Hello family! This was a good week! We finished up some zone conferences and things.

Some cool experiences:
There is a barber here who has cut missionaries hair for like 40 years. President Jeong wants him to get baptized really bad, so he told us to go teach him in short increments a little bit of English and a principle of the Gospel. Well we have gone a couple times but he is always really busy. This week me and Elder H_ were on exchange together and went to visit him. For some reason he had no guests! So we were able to talk with him and get to know him better and teach him for about an hour, which was far longer than we have before. He really likes us now I think.

We also had a choir performance-- the Busan Mission Choir. It was fun to be a part of! We just sang like primary songs and hymns, but it was neat! My favorite part was towards the end. I was feeling pretty stressed and worried for various reasons on the day of the performance. But there was a part where several recent converts shared their testimonies. One man, named Brother M_, was baptized in Provo actually, but would attend Haeundae ward sometimes, so I got to know him a bit. He shared a nice testimony, and then shared Mosiah 24: 16, where the people of Alma were having such a hard time, but were bearing their burdens patiently and righteously.

 "16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage."

Well in Korean the word for "Be of good comfort" really stuck out to me. I felt so much love and peace in that word, and it was just what I needed. Right after, we sang a powerful accompaniment of "I Know that My Redeemer Lives". 

Earlier that day I had prayed for God's guidance, and had specifically asked him to speak to me through someone else. Well this was a wonderful answer to a prayer of a missionary, through a man who has been baptized for only 3 months. It was neat.

Love you all! Be of good comfort! Be at peace, as the Savior commands. We can, because of His sacrifice that overcame death and sin.

Have a great week.
Elder Beckett

PS We had no time today but thank you so much for your individual emails!! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment