Sunday, July 8, 2018

July 2, 2 018

Hey family:

Last week was good!

One of our PIs came to family night with us to the home of the J family, the stake president's family. It was great! His american name is K, but he is Korean. He said after, "Wow! That felt like it was my own family, it was great!" So that was neat :) We had a nice dinner, spiritual messages, then played "signs" all together.

We also met another kid, D who has now received the first 3 lessons! He is progressing well and a lot of fun!

We went on a couple exchanges last week. I went with Elder D, as well as Elder G. They were both a lot of fun. Very diligent and good Elders.

One highlight! At the beginning of last transfer, Elder J and I were partnered up in the proselyting activity during the Zone Leader Training Meeting. We went out for 30 ish minutes. At the end of the activity, we met a kind student named Y. He lived in a different area, where my former companion, Elder M is serving, so we met 2 days later with Y and Elder M and his companion, and had lunch, then introduced them. They hit it off well, and started meeting. Yesterday Y was baptized! It was so neat to go see his baptism, and to have had the honor of playing a small part in the process of his conversion. I knew that God led us to meet him, and I was grateful for Elder M and his two great companions, Elder G and Elder H, who taught Youngoon in a fun way, as will as simply. He loved them! 
One cute story: Last week we happened to see Y on the street. We asked him how meeting with the missionaries was. He said, "It's good, they teach me a lot of fun things!" Elder B asked, "What are they teaching you that is so fun?" He said, "The law of chastity, the wisdom... no coffee, and alcohol, and all that stuff!" And was just so enthusiastic about learning the gospel! Great kid.

Today I was reading Moroni 10 doing a pmg activity. I loved verse 7:

"7 And ye may know that he is, by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever."

I know that God really does do miracles today, like he did long ago. He works in power if we just have simple faith! He has a perfect plan!

Love you all!

Elder Beckett

PS I can probably email a little next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment