Monday, October 10, 2016

I am Here! Week 6 in Korea (October 10, 2016)

Sorry, I know I am super bad at weekly emails, but here is a bit of an update. We went to a Buddhist temple today! We don't have any super promising Korean investigators, but we are teaching a family who left a non-Christian country for safety. They are super golden. We teach one of them in English, and as we teach he translates it into their native language for his wife and her older brother. They are great!

Also, we watched general conference yesterday, and the day before. It was great! We watched it in
English with a man signing ASL in it! We watched it with a deaf couple in our ward. So I thought a lot of you, Mom!  Speaking of conference, wasn't it awesome? I loved President Nelson's talk about joy. How neat was that? I really want to strive to be more joyful--the kind of joy that is contagious, that is loving, encouraging. I want others to feel my joy and want to share in it! We have gospel knowledge, family and so much to be happy about. So that is one of my goals his week, to be joyful.

I am diligently working to improve my Korean. However, I feel the biggest thing preventing me right now from learning is simply my lack of using Korean as much as I can. I am learning vocab, and grammar forms, but because it takes long to formulate sentences, I use English a lot...So that will be another goal for this week.

Korea is awesome! I haven't eaten anything super weird--actually I ate this thing that looks like sushi, but it is noodles with coagulated pig blood inside intestine. Yikes. Don't recommend it...And today I ate pupa, aka chrysalis. Don't recommend that, either! Most food is super super good though.

A couple of things:  Seth--you are going to do so great at region cross country! Go get them! You deserve to succeed, so make it happen!  Mom--did you cry during conference when they played, "I Will Go Where You Want Me to Go?" :)  Elder Eyring had a chicken tie in the priesthood session! I miss the girls!! (Chickens...)

I sure love you all and pray for you and think of you. Remember that God wants us to be joyful. And treasure the opportunity to pray to Him. It really is spectacular that we can talk to our Father, God, at any time.

Love
Elder Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment