Friday, October 21, 2016

October 17, 2016

(From Nate's Mom:  This is a picture sent from the mission president's wife of Nate practicing teaching. I LOVE this one!) 
This week was pretty great. Half training was wonderful! It was sooo good to see my MTC friends again, and they all seem like they are doing great. I've been trying to be joyful and use the Korean language more.  So this past week I tried to consciously smile more while jundo-ing on the street. It was interesting how it affected me! I felt happier, stood up straighter, and felt more like a representative of Jesus Christ. I realize that when I physically smile it changes how I think, act, and treat other people!

I also tried to use more Korean with my companion. And I started seeing some improvement in my thinking speed! However, I still could use Korean a lot more. I am so grateful to be serving in Korea!

Here are some pictures from this week:

I went on Splits with Elder L from Allie's MTC group. Super fun!

At a restaurant with our ward mission leader. He is awesome! We wear aprons in restaurants a lot because the food is cooked at the table, so things can pop and spill on you a lot!

My companion and I ready to watch conference. We bought some snacks...:)
We visited Bulkuksa, one of the most famous Buddhist Temples in Korea. This is a river near the entrance.

Me inside the temple--it looks like Kung Fu Panda!

We had to do a Kung Fu Panda move... :)

Mom, I try to eat vegetables sometimes. I made carrots, and this is proof!
I pray for you all everyday! And think about ya all!  Have a great week, I've gotta run.

Love
Elder Beckett


1 comment:

  1. Bulguksa is stunning. (I imagine it's probably Korea's most photographed temple--especially those stairs in the front!)

    My husband and I visited Gyeongju in 1997 when we were teaching Cheonan. We attended the local branch on Sunday. at the time they were meeting in a rented psace over a flower shop, and there were maybe a dozen people at sacrament meeting.

    장로님 수고하세요!

    ReplyDelete