Friday, April 14, 2017

Hello! Week 1 with Elder S! (April 9, 2017)

Hi ya'all!  First week with Elder S--he is awesome! Super faithful, good missionary. Fun to work with! We share a lot of things (same height, same training areas, similar concerns and hardships, and similar perspectives), and so it is really neat to work with him. He is super good at Korean, even though I am follow up training him, he knows more grammar than me it seems like! Great kid!

My new companion, Elder S, and Brother K and his wife. They fed us delicious food at their restaurant. Such a good and faithful family.

Elder S and I with K, a senior in high school. He loves America and will probably live there someday.
Okay, we have had a miracle few weeks! Finding lots of investigators! No one who is super progressing or anything yet, but a few different investigators who are doing 30/30 English program, but when we set it up, we gave them a church tour and a Book of Mormon. And they seem pretty curious about our church.  We have found 3 investigators that way (one was a member referral), one was an old investigator who we met on the street on exchanges, and then the others I told you about. It is great to have people to teach and work with.
Saying goodbye to Elder M

Bye Elder M!

I was on splits with Elder H until my new companion came. Elder H is a convert of a few years, a great missionary.

I found GRASS!!! So beautiful. I wanted to eat it or something...
An interesting/funny thing:  I think I am getting used to Korean. Or at least it is getting ingrained in my brain. Elder S said I was talking in Korean for a couple solid minutes in my sleep.  Also, we got a referral sent to us from....Mexico! A missionary in Mexico met a Korean business man, and we got the referral through the web! I couldn't help but think how cool it was that Parker is serving in Mexico! I don't know if he met any Koreans, but either way, we are all kind of working together out here! I think of Wesley, right next to me here in Korea, and Allie, who used to be. We are all one large work force!

Random thought--have you guys seen Elder Holland's Mormon message about two brother's climbing?  It's such a good mormon message. I was crying. (See the Mormon Message here) And are you all sharing "Prince of Peace?"


Okay, I've got to run, but I love you all! Have a great week!

Love
Elder B

No comments:

Post a Comment