Friday, September 30, 2016

Hello Fam! (Sept 25, 2016)

Ok! This week went well. I only have a couple of minutes. But my companion is awesome! His name is Elder L. He is from the Daejeon area. KyungJu is a big city (to me at least!) We don't have really any consistent progressing investigators, which is tough. I love our Korean and English classes; I speak English and the Koreans who attend are pretty good, so I can help a lot, and I know more Korean than the foreigners who attend the Korean class, so I can help both ways. :)
My companion and I with the sisters in our area

We did splits this week with Elder L(he was with Allie in the MTC!) and Elder W. It was really cool!
This week we had a district conference in Ulsan. Because it is not a stake, our Mission President, President Barrow, is over the District. He is a great guy. He is super smart and loving and encouraging.

Korean is super difficult! I catch some words here and there, but overall understanding is really hard--I wish I could talk to Allie in person! I bet she can speak super super well.

Here are some cool things:  Sleeping on the ground! We sleep on "yos" on the ground each night. They are surprisingly comfortable.

The other day we were walking down the street to the appointment (we walk everywhere in Kyung Ju pretty much) and something small flew past my chest into an open door next to me. There was a dude on a motorcycle throwing business cards into open doors as he drove--impressive!

This is the outside of the box Allie sent for my birthday!
Allie was so generous!

Here are the multitudinous gifts from Allie
Sorry I am out of time. But I love you all. Remember Ether 12:4--about hope. Sometimes we feel so lost, forgotten, or hopeless. But hope is so important. Faith, hope, and charity are connected, so if you need more hope, increase faith and charity to increase hope!  I love the phrase, "which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men."  When we have hope for the future, we might be a little pushed around, bob a bit, but it will anchor us where we are. This week seek HOPE! Hope for a better future! Hope for second chances! Hope that God, as our Father, knows us. He has an individual plan for each of our lives, and if we are obedient, he will take care of us. I know that is true!

Love you all so much.

Elder Nathan Beckett

 Here are some more pictures from that bird park we visited:











1 comment:

  1. I am loving reading these letters.. I went to catch up on them and kept going back further and further and am so enjoying this! Nate shared Ether 12:4 about hope at the end of this letter, and it touched my heart! I was in the temple yesterday reading that exact same thing while I was in the chapel waiting for a session. I loved it!! Thanks for touching my heart a year and a half after you wrote this!

    ReplyDelete