Saturday, November 19, 2016

I Love You All! (November 13, 2016)

Hello family, does anyone happen to be up at this late hour? I'll tell you a few things going on here. Our golden investigator, J--I felt super close to him. We were like brothers. But he hasn't answered a phone call in weeks! And he hasn't come to church the last couple of weeks either. That has been rough, because he was originally going to be baptized in October. It makes me sad.

Today for p-day we went bowling as a district. It was $4 total for 2 games and shoes! I started getting pretty good, honestly... 
But S, From Uzbekistan, is doing great! He really opened up to us this week. He and his wife attended church, came to ward family home evening, and we've met outside of that a couple of times. We teach very very simply, because he understands limited English, which can be tough, but he is such a good man. And his daughter is an adorable little toddler! So we are excited to continue with them.

We are also teaching one other investigator pretty consistently. His name is K, from China.  He is such a kind man, about 50 or 60 I would say. He is very faithful and willing to learn. He has a baptismal date on December 3 that we are working towards!

Here are some interesting things about Korea:  The vast majority of people live in villas and apartments.  Villas are like baby apartments, like the one we live in now. And the weird part is that for heating, they don't have vent systems. There is some kind of heater in the floor, and the heat just rises up. So you will step somewhere and if it feels pretty hot, it is a heating spot, ha ha!
This is my zone leader who is into health stuff, so we did face masks!  ha ha!
In Korea, eating together and meals in general are a big deal.  People are SO GENEROUS to us, taking us out multiple times to eat. I am super grateful. My point is, if someone from Korea ever visits you in Utah, please be super generous back to them and thank them for us! The eating deal is also funny in that we will try to proselyte to someone sometimes, and they have no interest in the message, but they will suddenly go buy us a drink or an ice cream, haha!
This senior missionary couple came to do housing inspections this week. They were super cute and brought us peanut butter captain crunch, oatmeal, hot chocolate, granola bars, and root beer. AWESOME!

Elder O and I.  We were in the MTC together for 3 weeks.  And food, of course!

Well, I've got to go. I will email again next week. I pray for you individually. I love you!!!

 Nate


No comments:

Post a Comment