Monday, January 2, 2017

Christmas! (Dec. 25, 2016)

Merry Christmas! I'm sending some pictures, but I'm going to be quick today.
This is me right now, eating a kim bap burrito!
This is at our mission Christmas party.  We had an awesome Korean style Christmas dinner, but we had ham too!

Elder Y--one of my best friends from my mission!

This is our assistant to the president, my missionary Grandpa. He gave me this scarf!

I got to see my trainer again! Also this is an angel senior sister. She is so sweet and always takes a interest in our lives, making sure we are doing all right.

A wonderful member in our branch.
I love the Christmas season! I love the joyful, wonderful, amazing and beautiful story of the Savior's birth. The new star, symbolic of new light in our lives found through the Savior. The shepherds, who went with haste, quickly seeking our Savior. The humble manger where the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, our Elder Brother and Perfect Example laid as a new born baby. I love this time--and yet, more important than how the Savior came into the world is WHY He came into the world. He came in for us. He came in because in our Father's infinite wisdom, He knew that all of us would make mistakes. He planned for that. He knew we would feel alone, or lost, or like nobody understands. And so He sent His Son. To die for us. To feel all that we could feel. To pay for our sins, that we might return to our dear Father in Heaven. And because He sent His Son--we have another chance. We can start again! No matter where we have been, no matter what we have done, or who we are right now--we have power to change. We have hope to change! Because of Him we can overcome all, and, if we follow Him, we eventually will. That is my testimony!

So as we start the new year this Sunday, think about that--what is something that you have felt you just couldn't overcome? Perhaps you have given up by now. Perhaps you feel like it is too far gone or lost. But it never is! Because of Him. So please--try again! Keep going, as my great Mission President always says. Go forth, and do what you haven't done before, and recommit and remember Him. And when you aren't perfect, you go back a bit, you hit a bump in the road--don't think, "Ahh, I knew I couldn't all along," But think of it as an opportunity to recommit once more, to lean on our Savior a little more, and to show your dedication to Him. He overcame all, and so can we! Because of Him...I love that powerful phrase.  There is no limit to it!  :)
I love you all so much! Have an awesome week and a happy new year!

Love,
Elder Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment