Monday, January 2, 2017

Busan Update (Dec. 18, 2016)

Hello!

I told you about an investigator that we were excited about last week--Brother P. He is 21 and we met him through English class. Anyway, super nice kid. He found out about English class through his mom's friend, and came. The next week we got his number and he came to family night, which we invite people to and hold every week at the church. He brought his little sis. We met twice after that last week, and taught him the restoration lesson from PMG, and the next time we talked about prayer and scripture study especially. He is very humble, and prays super sincerely! Super sweet kid, I am excited to see how things keep going with him.

Other than that, one awesome person I want to tell you about is Brother D from the Branch. He is a recent convert who my trainer baptized. I have learned so much and my own testimony has grown so much from his faith and experiences. When they met him on the street, he was like a GOLDEN investigator apparently. Anyway, so we would meet with him once or twice a week at the church, and talk and teach a lesson. It is actually a huge blessing because I got to learn about how to teach lessons by doing it with new members a lot, super nice.  He struggled a little bit with commandments and things still, and we would encourage him a lot to pray and read the Book of Mormon--he wasn't reading hardly at all.  So one night we were planning and I had a feeling that maybe we should give him a call and try to meet him the next day. We did, and we met. Apparently he had really been struggling lately because he had had a lot of trials, especially with his family and things.  He prayed and prayed but he felt like he was getting nowhere--so he decided he wasn't going to come to church anymore, and he hasn't missed a sacrament meeting since he was baptized! We encouraged him, strengthened him, and read the Book of Mormon with him. Fast forward to now!

Now he is doing SO WELL! He started reading the Book of Mormon faithfully. I am amazed at his progress. He just glows now. He is so happy. Almost every time he sees us he testifies of how amazing the Book of Mormon is. He'll say, "It really is the Word of God!" And things like that. He used to talk so much about all these trials he had, and he was really struggling with them. But now he just talks about how great this Gospel is! And then he will just tell us how much it has helped him. His understanding of the Gospel is vastly greater than it was just a month or so ago. He is on fire! It makes me so happy. The Book of Mormon has incredible power! Read it and study it and apply it every day!  It changes lives.

Here is another neat experience that I wrote to my mission president: One of the greatest moments I have had so far on my mission, now that I think about it, was last night.  We met a couple of guys from Norway and Sweden. They spoke English and are exchange students in Hong Kong. We briefly talked and then started sharing our message. After asking their religions, one of them was an athiest, and one was Christian but didn't attend church. We asked how his belief has blessed his life. He responded, "Actually I have never thought about that before!" He then slowly came up with something, and then like a great stone rolling, he came up with more and more and started realizing how much God had blessed his life! We asked if we could exchange numbers with him and refer him, but he said he probably wouldn't be interested. However, as he walked away, he was smiling and said in his accent, "You are doing a very good work! You have made me very happy, thank you!" And that was so cool. It was great to see this guy who hadn't thought about God's role in his life to start to see those blessings, and find joy because of it. That is our purpose; to invite others to come unto Christ. He didn't accept this Gospel yet, but I am sure if he sees missionaries like us in his hometown he will want to talk to them.

Anyways, I have to go, but I love you all so much! I will see you on Sunday when we Skype. Thanks for your personal emails! I love love love to read them, but sorry it is sometimes hard to respond to them individually.

Love you all!

Nate


No comments:

Post a Comment