Sunday, January 15, 2017

Transfer 4! (January 8, 2017)

Hey family! I know I'm getting on email super early, but Elder S and I are both getting transferred out of Gyung Ju! He is going to be an office assistant, and I am going to follow up train someone who is the transfer below me. I am going to the Daegu Zone. Anyway, on order for Elder S to get office training, we had to come to the Mission Headquarters yesterday and spend the night, then today I will head out to my new area! So I am emailing early.

Here is my last District pictures. The Sister on the left was Allie's MTC roommate! And the elder on the right was in Allie's MTC District!

I am really sad to leave Gyung Ju--I really love the city and people there. What genuinely good and loving people. It was a bit of a tender day yesterday--I was reflecting a lot on the people I had met there, and how I didn't know I could learn to love people so much. I had the opportunity to share one final testimony, and I shared one of my favorite scriptures, Moroni 7:45.  "And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

It describes charity, pure love. That pure love that God has for us, that same love that led the Savior to die for us, and the same love that we must strive to develop each day. As we seek that love, I know that others will feel God's love through us! I think that of all the Savior's attributes, charity was probably the greatest. Charity leads to all other attributes, if you think about it.

This is Elder S and I with DL. He is a recent convert who is just amazing--so strong in testimony. He loves the Book of Mormon and has an amazing relationship with God. What a guy! He offered to take us with our bags to the bus station, which helped us so much honestly! Anyway, I sure am going to miss him. He has strengthened my faith so much.
Anyway, I am super excited to see my new area. I already know my new comp! We were in the MTC together for 3 weeks! His name is Elder M, and he is a super nice kid, I didn't get to know him very well. But we both have gray patches in our hair, haha! It will be an interesting transfer Korean wise--I am going to learn a ton being the senior companion. I am going to have to! The new city in Korean is ____, aka Sang In. Heavenly Father has definitely helped me so much with Korean, but I am still so inadequate!

Also, real quick--I had my 6 months mark last week...WHAT?  I encourage you all to keep a journal! The times we go through are so valuable, and later we will want to see them again.

Love you all, I've got to go, though, so bye!!  Here's a few pictures of our goodbyes.

I had the opportunity to give this young man a blessing when he was sick one time. He just hugged me when I told him I was leaving Gyung Ju. He is such a good kid; super faithful--he even gives sacrament talks sometimes.

This is a member's cute and crazy daughter! What a sweetie. She likes to just hold our hands and walk with us.

I will miss this family!

This is a man who directs parking on the road by our house. We walk past him every day, and tried to teach him, but he had no interest. Eventually we were just friends with him and said hello a lot. By the end, he loved us, haha. What a cool guy!
 Bye for now!

Love
Nate




No comments:

Post a Comment